We are located at 2650 Elm Avenue, Suite 108, Long Beach, CA. 90806.
We are south of the Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, at the Elm Medical Plaza. Ample free parking is available.
Note: You must use E. 27th Street to reach our parking, regardless of what the driving directions say when using an interactive map.
- We participate in the major vision plans. Please call our office to confirm that we take your plan.
- We accept Medicare, and most PPOs Plans.
- We are not contracted with HMO or IPA plans.
- If you have any questions, please call us for details on your plan and expected coverage.
What to Expect on Your Visit:
- New patients usually require a full examination including refraction (glasses prescription) and a dilated exam of the retina. Dilation takes time so please plan at least one full hour for your visit.
- Problem-focused visits are faster, if dilation is not required.
- Refraction fees (glasses check) are covered by vision plans but not by health plans.
- Dilation causes mild to moderate blurring of the vision, and lasts about four hours. We provide disposable dark glasses at check-out. While many feel safe driving home, some do not. If you are unsure how you will feel, arrange for a ride.
- New patients should arrive 15 minutes early to complete registration paperwork. Save time! Complete your paperwork at home and bring it with you by clicking here.
Urgent Visits: If you have a specific urgent concern, we make every effort to provide you with treatment as soon as possible. Please call so we can help you.
What to Bring to Your Visit:
- Prescription glasses or contact lenses you use the most
- Any eye medications or drops you use
- Your vision plan and health insurance cards
- A list of your current medications
- Your medical doctor’s contact information
- Sunglasses, if you have them
- A ride home if you are unsure how you will feel driving while dilated
- Your completed registration paperwork from our patient forms, to save time